On the SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager training you will learn the essential knowledge and skills to act as a Product Manager or Product Owner in a Lean-Agile enterprise.
On this training you will develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs. During this course, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what you can do to effectively perform your role.
You will also learn how to apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, you learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture.
Attending the course prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager.
The training will be organized remotely, and we'll have 4 interactive online modules.
Module 1: Monday, May 3rd at 12-16 EET
Module 2: Tuesday, May 4th at 12-16 EET
Module 3: Wednesday, May 5th at 12-16 EET
Module 4: Thursday, May 6th at 12-16 EET
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
After this course, you should be able to:
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager role
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Decompose Epics into Features and decompose Features into Stories
- Refine Features into Stories
- Manage Program and Team backlogs
- Collaborate with Agile teams in estimating and forecasting work
- Represent Customer needs in Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Applying SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
One or more of the following prerequisites are recommended for students planning to attend this course and take the PO/PM certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager Certification
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe PO/PM. The attendees can take optional SAFe POPM Certification Exam, and certification is given to those who pass the online exam. The exam duration is 90 minutes and it will be done online. Exam format is multiple choice and there will be altogether 45 questions. For more information about the certification exam, please visit Scaled Agile websites.
Nitor helps organizations in shifting to a fully agile way of working by using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) model for instance. We bring adaptive leadership to every level of the company, from project teams to the budgeting function. We make sure that know-how evolves from theoretical level to practical problem solving.
We have brought Scaled Agile Framework to the Nordics, we contribute to the framework and train new SAFe coaches. Over the past 7 years, we have trained over 6000 people to agile methods all over the world! Welcome to learn with us!
Cancelations have to be done 14 days before the course start to avoid costs. In case of no show the full price is charged.