Our remote Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) training class is a learning experience that provides students a full immersion into what it takes to be a great Scrum Product Owner. You will learn the theory of the Scrum Framework and then we work through tools to enable great Product Ownership.
Leading a successful Agile transformation requires new practices that help your organization best support your business goals, respond effectively to change, help leaders guide teams, make the right technology decisions and much more.
This highly interactive introduction to the principles and practices of Agile/Scrum leads to the group creating a real product backlog. Starting by defining a product vision, the group works through each phase of the requirements definition process, creating each artifact in full, and learning how to evolve the agile requirements needed to iteratively and incrementally deliver the valuable products your customers need.
Upon completion of the class, students will receive their Certified Scrum Product Owner certification and badges from the Scrum Alliance.
Ideal for Product Owners, product managers, business analysts (BAs) and business stakeholders and representatives looking to apply the Agile/Scrum principles and practices. There is no prerequisite for attending this class.
- Understand the principles underlying agile methodologies and how to apply them in a team context
- Gain a common vocabulary and understanding of the Scrum framework, including the roles and responsibilities of the ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Development Team and how to collaborate with them
- Learn how to write effective user stories that meet the INVEST criteria, and practice breaking user stories into smaller stories using the nine patterns for splitting user stories
- Create a viable project vision, release forcast and visualise progress for an agile project. Discover how documentation, governance and reporting differ between a PMI and an agile project
- Experience the product definition process, from visioning to user stories using such tools as Lean Product Canvas and User Story Mapping
- Practice estimating value and using the Business Value Game for managing conflicting stakeholder priorities
- Learn how to create a release forecast without defining each and every requirement at the outset. Understand agile product discovery and the power of iterative methods for risk management
- Learn the characteristics of good, well-formed user stories and how to create them in a structured way
- Learn through doing, building an actual product vision, release forcast and backlog from start to finish
- Understand how to make progress visible and how to facilitate successful delivery of a project to fixed date and/or fixed time
- Attending the entire course qualifies you to receive the Certified Scrum Product Owner certification.
- Experience: Over the years, agile42 has delivered Scrum & Agile training to thousands of professionals worldwide. Our instructors have decades of experience using and coaching Scrum in hundreds of organizations large and small.
- Excellent ratings: We consistently receive excellent ratings from our participants.
- Techniques: In all of our classes, we use techniques from Accelerated Learning and in particular principles and concepts from Training from the Back of the Room.
- Engaging: Our courses are highly interactive and fun - not a PowerPoint assault, and our participants stay engaged throughout the class, learn by doing, and have fun along the way. When learners talk and teach, they learn. -Sharon Bowman
- Practical and Memorable: Participants learn through hands-on exercises - creating high knowledge retention.
- Sustainable: We are contributing to a greener planet by decreasing our carbon footprint by not having people travel to the venue, and less paper usage in terms of post-it notes.
Included in the training
- Product Owner Certification
- Certificate + two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Slack channel to continue collaborating with your classmates after the class and access trainers to ask questions
- Link to the Do Better Scrum booklet
- Option to join the agile42 Community and get access to a number of free learning resources, like books, articles and videos
- Life-long warranty on the course: e-mail access to the trainers
- Two hours follow-up remote coaching to help you put your learning from the training into practice
Your virtual environment
In order to ensure a collaborative, engaging and fun environment even virtually, we are going to use a number of digital platforms.
- We will use Zoom as a video conferencing platform. You can access Zoom through your browser or download the desktop application. We recommend you access through a PC/laptop with a webcam and mic or headphones.
- We will use Slack as an additional messaging channel. You will get an invitation to our class Slack channel. If you do not have a Slack account, please go to Slack.com and create one using the same mail address you used to register to the training. If you already have a Slack account with another email address and you want to use that one, let us know.
- We will use Miro as an online whiteboard for digital collaboration. You will soon also get an invite to access the platform. The access is included in the training fee you paid, so it will be free of charge for the 2 days of the training.
You will receive further information and specific instructions before the training.
PMP and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications
Participants may CLAIM 14 PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (PMI) PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS (PDUS) which can be applied to Project Management Professional (PMP) and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications.
- Scrum framework core elements: roles, activities, and artifacts
- Understand the role of the Product Owner
- Techniques for building a compelling product vision and strategy
- Building a visualizing a long-term product roadmap and release planning
- Practical methods to understand your key customer segments
- User Story Mapping: creating a shared understanding of customer needs
- User Stories: eliciting and clearly defining stakeholder needs
- Models and techniques for prioritizing product features
- Effective ways to create and refine a Product Backlog
- Communicating Portfolio & Product status – making it easily visible
- How Product Ownership works with multiple teams
If you can not participate this course, you can send someone else instead of you. If cancellation is done less than 14 days before the course start, we will charge 50% of the price. In case of no show without any cancellation, we will charge the whole price. Cancellation fee will also be charged in case of illness.