ITIL 4 in brief
ITIL 4 provides practical and flexible guidance to support organizations on their journey to digital transformation. It provides an end-to-end IT/digital operating model for the delivery and operation of tech-enabled products and services and enables IT teams to continue to play a crucial role in wider business strategy.
ITIL provides a framework for quality IT service management (ITSM) through proven best practice. ITIL manages the creation of a service, its operation and its improvement. Organizations who adopt ITIL invariably adapt it to suit their specific requirements.
ITIL 4 is supported by a range of core guidance, supplementary texts and professional certification. ITIL 4 publications and supporting qualifications are kept up to date with changes in the marketplace in collaboration with a network of international users and stakeholders in the service management community.
ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition module
The ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition module is designed to allow ITIL Experts or ITIL v3 candidates who have already invested to easily transition across to ITIL 4. They can gain the designation of ITIL 4 Managing Professional via one course and one exam.
ITIL v3 candidates must have gained a minimum of 17 credits from the ITIL v3 Foundation and Intermediate/Practitioner modules or an ITIL Expert certificate. ITIL 4 Foundation can be accepted to replace ITIL v3 Foundation, plus 15 credits from ITIL Intermediate/Practitioner modules.
The Transition module recognizes the candidate’s existing achievements and allows them to gain the up-to-date skills and knowledge needed to navigate the digital service economy.
The ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition module is composed of core elements of the following modules:
- ITIL 4 Specialist: Create, Deliver and Support
- ITIL 4 Specialist: Drive Stakeholder Value
- ITIL 4 Specialist: High Velocity IT
- ITIL 4 Strategist: Direct Plan and Improve
- ITIL 4 Foundation
ITIL 4 Managing Professional course learning objectives
Course learning objectives are:
- Understand the key concepts of service management
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
- Understand the four dimensions of service management
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
- Understand how to plan and build a service value stream to create, deliver, and support services
- Know how relevant ITIL practices contribute to the creation, delivery and support across the SVS and Value streams
- Know how to create, deliver and support services
- Understand concepts regarding the high-velocity nature of the digital enterprise, including the demand it places on IT
- Understand the digital product lifecycle in terms of the ITIL ‘operating model’
- Understand the importance of the ITIL Guiding Principles and other fundamental concepts for delivering high velocity IT
- Understand how customer journeys are designed
- Know how to foster stakeholder relationships
- Know how to shape demand and define service offerings
- Know how to onboard and offboard customers and users
- Know how to act together to ensure continual value co-creation (service consumption / provisioning)
- Know how to realise and validate service value
- Understand the scope and activities relevant to Direct and plan
- Understand the role of GRC and how to integrate the principles and methods into the service value system
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of Organizational Change Management to direction, planning and improvement
ITIL 4 Managing Professional target audience
ITIL 4 Managing Professional have been developed for IT practitioners working within technology and digital teams across organizations.
Managing Professional (MP) provides practical and technical guidance on how to create, deliver and support successful IT-enabled services, teams and workflows.
ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition exam
- Bloom’s taxonomy levels: 2-3
- Type of assessment: Objective testing (multiple choice exam)
- Exam duration: 1 hour 30 minutes + 25% for non-native English speakers
- Number of questions: 40
- Pass mark: Provisionally 28/40 marks - 70%
- Open book/closed book: Closed book
- Accepted prerequisites: Minimum 17 credits from the ITIL v3 Foundation and Intermediate/Practitioner modules or ITIL Expert certificate. ITIL 4 Foundation can be accepted to replace ITIL v3 Foundation, but candidates would still need to achieve 15 credits from v3 PRC/INT
- Expiry date: No expiry date
- Marking method: There is only one correct answer per question. Each question is worth 1 mark
- Delivery: Examination can be online or paper-based
ITIL 4 jatkokurssit
Katso webinaaritallenne ITILin jatkokurssien esittelystä: https://www.oppia.fi/webinars/itil-4n-uusimmat-uutiset (Suomeksi)
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The SwirlTM is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Wakaru Oy is an Accredited Training Organisation for ITIL®.
Mikäli ilmoittautuja ei pääse kurssille, voi hänen sijastaan tulla toinen henkilö. Mikäli ilmoittautumisen peruutus tehdään vähemmän kuin kaksi (2) viikkoa ennen kurssin alkua, veloitamme toimisto- ja varauskuluina 50% kurssimaksusta. Mikäli ilmoittautunut jää saapumatta kurssille ilman peruutusilmoitusta, veloitamme koko osallistumismaksun. Kurssimateriaalin toimittamisesta oppilaalle peruuntumistapauksessa veloitamme lisäksi 100 EUR. Peruutusmaksut veloitetaan myös sairastapauksissa.