This five-day, intensive course takes you from introductory to advanced VMware vSphere management skills. Building on the installation and configuration content from our best-selling course, you will also develop advanced skills needed to manage and maintain a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure. Through a mix of lecture and hands-on labs, you will install, configure and manage vSphere 6.7. You will explore the features that build a foundation for a truly scalable infrastructure, and discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect. This course prepares you to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organization of any size using vSphere 6.7, which includes VMware ESXi 6.7 and VMware vCenter Server 6.7.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Install and configure ESXi hosts
• Deploy and configure VMware vCenter Server Appliance
• Use VMware Host Client, VMware vSphere Web Client, and VMware vSphere Client to manage the vCenter Server inventory and the vCenter Server configuration
• Create virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
• Describe the storage technologies supported by vSphere
• Configure virtual storage using iSCSI and NFS storage
• Create and manage VMware vSphere VMFS datastores
• Use vSphere Client to create virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
• Create a content library for deploying virtual machines
• Manage virtual machine resource usage and manage resource pools
• Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere vMotion and VMware vSphere Storage vMotion
• Describe the methods for protecting and recovering virtual machine data
• Create and manage a vSphere cluster that is enabled with VMware vSphere High Availability and VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler
• Create virtual networks with VMware vSphere Distributed Switch and enable distributed switch features
• Use VMware vSphere Update Manager to apply patches and perform upgrades to ESXi hosts and virtual machines
• Use host profiles to manage ESXi configuration compliance
• Describe how vSphere storage APIs help storage systems integrate with vSphere
• Configure and use virtual machine storage policies
• Configure VMware vSphere Storage I/O Control and VMware vSphere Storage DRS
• Encrypt virtual machines for additional security
• System administrators
• System engineers
Should you not be able to attend the training, another person can attend the training instead of you.
If the registration is cancelled less than 14 days prior to the course start date, we will charge you with the 50 % of the course fee.
If the registration is cancelled less than 7 days prior to the course start date, we will invoice 100 % of the course fee. Arrow ECS reserves the right to change course prices, schedules and content.