We are ready to organize the SAFe POPM training online. In practice, we'll split 2-day training into 4 modules, duration of one module is 4 hours. If running a classroom training is not possible in the end of April, we'll run this training remotely.
Online training schedule:
If the coronavirus situation stabilizes and running a classroom trainings is permitted once again, we'll run the training in a classroom as originally planned (April 27-28). We will inform you about this as soon as we know better, latest by 14.4.2020.
Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs—by becoming a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
By the end of this course, you should be able to write Epics, Capabilities, Features, and User Stories within the context of SAFe, and have a solid foundation for managing backlogs and programs in a Lean-Agile enterprise.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
- Applying SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
One or more of the following prerequisites are recommended for students planning to attend this course and take the PO/PM certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® PO/PM.
SAFe® Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe PO/PM certificate
- One-year certified membership as a SAFe PO/PM
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe PO/PM exam
- One-year membership to Scaled Agile, with access to members-only resources such as webinars, workbooks, guidance presentations, and advance notice of upcoming SAFe products
- SAFe PO/PM attendance certificate upon request
Renewals are from the date of certification. (Renewal fee is $100)
Cancelations have to be done 14 days before the course start to avoid costs. In case of no show the full price is charged.