During the course we will build an understanding of the complete flow of value in the Continuous Delivery Pipeline: from Continuous Exploration to Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Release on Demand. We will explore SAFe’s CALMR (Culture, Automation, Lean, Measure, Recover) approach to DevOps, which helps create a culture of shared responsibility for the full spectrum of Solution delivery. It helps align people, processes, and technology throughout the organization to achieve faster time-to-market.
The course gives an overview of the DevOps-competencies needed. Teaching the use of specific software tools and technologies related to continuous delivery is not in scope.
After the course you will have the tools you need to execute an implementation plan for improving your delivery pipeline, and the knowledge you need to support the plan. The course also prepares you for the optional SAFe® 4 DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam.
- Understand the CALMR approach to DevOps, why it is so important, and be able to explain it to others
- Understand the importance of continuous integration, continuous testing, and be ready to apply it
- Apply the concepts of continuous security
- Map the current delivery pipeline
- Measure the flow of value through the delivery pipeline
- Identify gaps and delays in flow
- Improve the process of exploring customer needs
- Improve the process of developing, building, and integrating continuously
- Improve the process of continuously deploying to staging and production environments
- Improve the release process
- Execute an action plan for their DevOps transformation
The SAFe DevOps course is targeted to all members of an Agile Release Train who want to move ahead on their DevOps journey. The course is also beneficial for managers. All are welcome to attend the course without prior knowledge of SAFe and DevOps.
The attendees can take an optional SAFe DevOps Practitioner Exam after the course. The exam duration is 90 minutes and it will be done online. For more information about the certification exam, please visit Scaled Agile websites.
If you can not participate this course, you can send someone else instead of you. If cancellation is done less than 14 days before the course start, we will charge 50% of the price. In case of no show without any cancellation, we will charge the whole price. Cancellation fee will also be charged in case of illness.