Our remote CERTIFIED SCRUMMASTER (CSM) training class is a learning experience that provides students a full immersion into what it takes to be a great ScrumMaster. You will learn the theory, the values and elements that define the Scrum framework, and how a great ScrumMaster uses them skillfully in the service of the Team, the Product Owner and the whole organization.
The class is presented in a highly interactive and collaborative format with elements of lecture, classroom discussion, exercises, games and simulations, smoothly blended throughout the class. We will approach the class at a sustainable pace and endeavor to take breaks often, to allow our brain to stay focused and our body to recharge when necessary.
Upon completion of the class, students will be eligible to take the CERTIFIED SCRUMMASTER exam and become a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM).
Who should attend
The CSM course is appropriate for aspiring ScrumMasters, development team members, managers, project managers, and organizational team leaders seeking a deep understanding of the principles and practices of Scrum, and those seeking to be an effective Servant Leader or ScrumMaster within an Agile team or organization.
There is no prerequisite for attending this class.
- Experience: Over the years, agile42 has delivered Scrum & Agile training to thousands of professionals worldwide. Our instructors have decades of experience using and coaching Scrum in hundreds of organizations large and small.
- Excellent ratings: We consistently receive excellent ratings from our participants.
- Techniques: In all of our classes, we use techniques from Accelerated Learning and in particular principles and concepts from Training from the Back of the Room.
- Engaging: Our courses are highly interactive and fun - not a PowerPoint assault, and our participants stay engaged throughout the class, learn by doing, and have fun along the way. When learners talk and teach, they learn. -Sharon Bowman
- Practical and Memorable: Participants learn through hands-on exercises - creating high knowledge retention.
- Sustainable: We are contributing to a greener planet by decreasing our carbon footprint by not having people travel to the venue, and less paper usage in terms of post-it notes.
Included in the training
- Eligibility to take the Scrum Alliance Certified ScrumMaster exam and become a Certified ScrumMaster
- Certificate + two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Slack channel to continue collaborating with your classmates after the class and access trainers to ask questions
- Link to the Do Better Scrum booklet
- Option to join the agile42 Community and get access to a number of free learning resources, like books, articles and videos
- Life-long warranty on the course: e-mail access to the trainers
- Two hours follow-up remote coaching to help you put your learning from the training into practice
Your virtual environment
In order to ensure a collaborative, engaging and fun environment even virtually, we are going to use a number of digital platforms.
- We will use Zoom as a video conferencing platform. You can access Zoom through your browser or download the desktop application. We recommend you access through a PC/laptop with a webcam and mic or headphones.
- We will use Slack as an additional messaging channel. You will get an invitation to our class Slack channel. If you do not have a Slack account, please go to Slack.com and create one using the same mail address you used to register to the training. If you already have a Slack account with another email address and you want to use that one, let us know.
- We will use Miro as an online whiteboard for digital collaboration. You will soon also get an invite to access the platform. The access is included in the training fee you paid, so it will be free of charge for the 2 days of the training.
You will receive further information and specific instructions before the training.
What our participants are saying
This was by far the best professional course that I've attended. If all were this engaging I'd attend many more. Thank you!
— Karen R., Data Operation Manager
I can honestly say this was hands down the best training class I have ever attended. You guys do an amazing job facilitating and keeping people interested. I am so excited to use the new tools in my toolbox for my sprint planning on Monday, and easily passed the CSM test with the knowledge I obtained in your class.
-- Stephanie C., Project Manager
Eleven months later, what has stuck with me the most is that the training provided an expansive tool belt of techniques and concepts. I feel I can draw on the tool belt any time I need.
-- Mitchell F., Program Management Consultant
The training reinforced for me the paradigm shift from the waterfall approach in a monolithic organization to Agile’s concept of servant leadership. Yes, I’m leading the team, but I’m here to enable your success.
-- Michael M., Senior Project Manager
PMP and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications
Participants may CLAIM 14 PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (PMI) PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS (PDUS) which can be applied to Project Management Professional (PMP) and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications.
Mikäli ilmoittautuja ei pääse kurssille, voi hänen sijastaan tulla toinen henkilö. Mikäli ilmoittautumisen peruutus tehdään vähemmän kuin kaksi (2) viikkoa ennen kurssin alkua, veloitamme toimisto- ja varauskuluina 50% kurssimaksusta. Mikäli ilmoittautunut jää saapumatta kurssille ilman peruutusilmoitusta, veloitamme koko osallistumismaksun. Kurssimateriaalin toimittamisesta oppilaalle peruuntumistapauksessa veloitamme lisäksi 100 EUR. Peruutusmaksut veloitetaan myös sairastapauksissa.